FIRE ISOLATOR - AEROSOL SALT POTASSIUM EXTINGUISHER
The danger of lithium-ion batteries, such as those found in smartphones and electric vehicles (EVs), catching fire or exploding is well known. While the actual consequences of an EV battery catching fire and the dangers that these fires can cause are well known, it remains very difficult to control and extinguish these fires.
Imagine if this happened on the parking deck of a ferry or in an underground parking garage. The consequences could be catastrophic.
The methods of extinguishing a fire in a lithium-ion battery depend on the location and extent of the fire. However, as a general rule, special extinguishing equipments and methods are required to completely and safely extinguish or isolate the fire.
By using multiple ways and materials of EV car firefighting, you increase the chances of safely isolating the fire by 500%.
The Aerosol Salt Potassium Unit is a lightweight, handheld device for the first responder in a fire situation, primarily for Class A, B, and C fires. The purpose of the Aerosol Salt Potassium Unit is to allow the first responder on scene to activate it and throw it into the fire area.
The device will then automatically activate and, depending on the volume of the space, extinguish or significantly reduce the fire. It is designed to cause a reduction in heat and also the amount of water or foam required and possibly reduce damage to the area and or contents, while leaving little or no residue.
How to activate:
- Straighten the end of the pins and pull the pin out.
- Once the pins have been removed you will hear a click, this notifies the user that the uint is now activated and will start producing aerosol in a approximately 6 to 8 seconds.
- Within 40 seconds, the contents of the aerosol will be fully dispersed.
- Always throw the unit into the chosen area without hesitation!
- Keep a safe distance considering the temperature build-up around the unit
- Only to be used by trained persons
- SKU No. - 40020419
- Dimensions - 80mm (W) - 72mm (D) - 135mm (H)
- Weight - 1650 gr
- Serviceable Lifetime - 15 Years
- Storage temperature - +5°C / +40°C max. humidity 80%
- Time unit activates once the pin is pulled - 6-8 Seconds
- Time until fully dispensed - 40 Seconds
- Tested by - British, US & Canadian Forces Navy
- 1 Set = 2 Salt Potassium Units and Carry Case