Palliative and End of Life Care for Paramedics
Digging deep into the ethical and clinical aspects of working with palliative patients as a paramedic, this book is the go-to resource to enable you to act within the patient’s best interests and provide the most appropriate and effective care.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Twenty-four case studies covering a range of relevant topics to help apply principles to your own practice
- Clinical information on symptom control and pain management
- Written specifically for paramedics, by a range of specialist authors
- Designated chapters on the role of the paramedic in palliative care, palliative care emergencies and personal resilience
- Full-colour diagrams throughout.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are all more aware of the importance of patient-centred palliative care; this book is full of tips and techniques to help you feel more confident in ensuring patients not only die ‘well’ but also live with dignity and comfort.
Note: Previous edition 9781859596715